BIDDLECOMBE, WENDY JOAN
BROOKSVILLE - Downtown Brooksville should be a place where residents and visitors alike can stop and shop, walk the streets and spend time, according to Brooksville Vision Foundation President Cliff Manuel.
BROOKSVILLE - Kirk Bleich Jr., who was sentenced to 40 years in prison last year, spent his last night in a jail cell on Tuesday.
BROOKSVILLE - Around 5 a.m. on June 19, 2010, Tracy Paulk Blake was at her Springwood Road home, in bed, drifting in and out of sleep. Her dog was barking, but Blake didn't pay much attention to her. Moments later, her b...
BROOKSVILLE - Brooksville City Council has selected Kevin Hohn to serve as mayor for 2014, and named Frankie Burnett vice mayor.
- Clad in sweaters and armed with coffee cups, wish lists and some extra money to spend, Hernando County shoppers hit the stores late Thursday and early Friday morning to take advantage of Black Friday deals.
SPRING HILL - The Hernando County Sheriff's Office has completed its investigation into an attempted murder on Sept. 10 that led to a six-hour stand-off and suicide.
- A woman responsible for hitting and killing a construction worker while driving under the influence of prescription drugs was sentenced to 15 years in prison Tuesday.
BROOKSVILLE - During Monday night's City Council meeting, Rick Ballou shared his experience driving through Brooksville at night.
- BROOKSVILLE - Governor Rick Scott has appointed Hernando County Judge Donald Scaglione to the Fifth Judicial Circuit Court.
- BROOKSVILLE - Starting Dec. 1, city of Brooksville residents will have something in their water that has been missing the past few years - fluoride.
- BROOKSVILLE - With light rain falling around them, city officials looked out into the City Hall parking lot Monday evening, trying to identify which car had the window-rattling, booming bass.
- Royal Animal Rescue opened this month in Hernando County. The facility recovers dogs and cats that otherwise might not survive.
- BROOKSVILLE - Hundreds of employees, local dignitaries and Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi attended Interconnect Cable Technologies Corp. Global Manufacturing Solutions' grand opening at its new building in the airport i...
- BROOKSVILLE - Five years ago, Cheryl McCormick completed her Guardian ad Litem training, and for her first case, met three scared children who had been taken out of their home.
- SPRING HILL - A long parade of priests flicking holy water and parishioners followed a statue of Mother Cabrini through the festival grounds at St. Frances Cabrini Catholic Church on Thursday.
- BROOKSVILLE - A driver lost control of his Honda Accord around 11 a.m. Thursday, flipping the vehicle on it's roof and crashing into Hernando Endoscopy and Surgery Center at 12180 Cortez Blvd.
- BROOKSVILLE - A man who was allegedly shot by his fiance, and airlifted to a trauma center Tuesday afternoon, was arrested on aggravated abuse and witness tampering charges the following day upon returning to the home they ...
- BROOKSVILLE - Neighbors on Maycrest Avenue gathered outside their homes Tuesday afternoon after multiple sheriff's deputies, detectives and other units descended on the dusty, limerock road.
- Wendy Maynard's road to stability and sobriety has been long, with more than a few setbacks. She now tries to help women overcome similar problems.
- Just before 10 a.m. Saturday, downtown streets buzzed with anticipation before the start of the Veterans Appreciation Day parade.
- BROOKSVILLE - Since 2009, Robert Contorno's sinkhole repair company caused more harm than good to four Spring Hill homes, owners said.
- BROOKSVILLE - An internal investigation against two Hernando County detectives, accused of beating a man outside of a Spring Hill bar in May, found their conduct unbecoming and questioned their truthfulness.
- BROOKSVILLE - Two weeks after city council members passed a noise ordinance aimed at controlling loud car stereos, at least one official thinks the rule warrants a second look.
- BROOKSVILLE - A 27-year-old victim of a Saturday shooting on Desales Street, was released from a hospital, authorities said today.
- BROOKSVILLE - Children carried glow sticks and balloons to a Friday night vigil at Chocachatti Elementary School to remember Susanna Castrillon, 8, and Sabastian Castrillon, 7.
- BROOKSVILLE - Barbara Logan, who worked with the Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce for the past seven years, died Saturday after a motorcycle crash in Pasco County. She was 49.
- BROOKSVILLE - An Inverness woman arrested on attempted murder charges earlier this year has pleaded no contest to a lesser charge.
- BROOKSVILLE - Shoppers looking for the perfect Halloween costume on Saturday afternoon got a surprise - and maybe even a scare - when a flash mob performed a dance routine to Michael Jackson's "Thriller" at Spirit Halloween...
- BROOKSVILLE - An 18-year-old Spring Hill man who is charged with stabbing his mother's boyfriend to death signed a plea deal this week that could result in a 35-year prison sentence.
- BROOKSVILLE - One month after a jury found Alan Osterhoudt guilty of manslaughter in the death of his wife, Judge Anthony Tatti sentenced him to 30 years in prison.
- BROOKSVILLE - The Nodding Shade Drive home, with Halloween decorations in the front yard and an SUV in the driveway, looked like many others in the Trillium subdivision, just south of Brooksville.
- BROOKSVILLE - Eloy Feliciano, who admitted to stealing a woman's purse to fuel his drug addiction, was sentenced to 66 months in prison Friday.
- SPRING HILL - A local attorney has been suspended by the Florida Supreme Court for misusing client funds.
- BROOKSVILLE - For low-income families having a hard time paying their energy bills, a program offered through Mid Florida Community Services may be able to help.
- BROOKSVILLE - In a 3-1 vote on Monday night, Brooksville City Council passed a noise ordinance aimed at controlling unnecessary noise from car stereos.
- SPRING HILL - An early morning shooting on Tuesday led to three men being treated for non-life threatening injuries at local hospitals, according to the Hernando County Sheriff's Office.
- BROOKSVILLE - Families flocked to Tom Varn Park on Saturday to eat, dance, socialize and get in some early trick-or-treating.
- BROOKSVILLE - Three months ago, Margaret Freiwald contracted a rare bacteria in the Gulf of Mexico, had her left leg amputated and was fighting for her life.
- BROOKSVILLE - About 30 men, women and children attended a candlelight vigil, hosted by the Hernando County Domestic Violence Task Force to remember eight individuals in the community who died last year from domestic violence.
- BROOKSVILLE - In six months, movie enthusiasts won't have to travel to Tampa to experience an action flick on a large screen.
- BROOKSVILLE - Just before the jury came back in Thursday, Penny Mecklenburg called over Hernando County Sheriff's Sgt. Brandon Ross.
- BROOKSVILLE - In the early morning of July 3, 2011, Michael Anthony was having a hard time differentiating his hallucinations from reality.
- BROOKSVILLE - "Fireworks came early to Hernando County" on July 3, 2011, said Prosecutor Bill Catto, during his opening statement Tuesday morning in the attempted murder trial of Michael James Anthony.
- The State Attorney's Office has declines to press charges in two unrelated shooting deaths May 23 in Spring Hill and Weeki Wachee, respectively.
- BROOKSVILLE - The City of Brooksville honored John Emerson, a 20th century developer responsible for building many local landmarks, in a ceremony on Thursday evening.
- WEEKI WACHEE - Swampfest volunteers have chosen the design that will be featured on the 21st annual festival's T-shirts and promotional items.
- BROOKSVILLE - A Brooksville woman who hit and killed a construction worker on Spring Hill Drive in November 2011 was convicted Thursday of DUI manslaughter.
- BROOKSVILLE - Karen Macchione said Nov. 8, 2011 started out as a typical day. She woke up at 5 a.m. to fix her children breakfast and get them off to school. Macchione took a shower, put on makeup and started running errand...
- BROOKSVILLE - By the time Noah Dettloff heard the "boom boom boom" of the silver Dodge pickup hit the construction barrels, he knew it was nearly too late to help his co-worker, Steven Thompson.
- BROOKSVILLE - An art auction and gala, planned for the heart of Brooksville's Founder's Week, will benefit the less fortunate members of Hernando County.